Date(s) - Aug 18, 2017 - Aug 19, 2017
Seno K/RLT Conservancy
The conference is Saturday, August 19: Register online by August 9!
The 2017 Wild Ones Annual Meeting and Chapter Leadership Conference will be held Aug. 19 at Seno K/RLT (Kenosha/Racine Land Trust) Conservancy. Located near Lake Geneva in southeastern Wisconsin, meetings will be held at Seno’s picturesque, rustic barn, which has been converted for education and event space.
The day will be filled with interesting speakers, engaging activities and an opportunity to meet and talk with chapter leaders from around the U.S.
Here is the line-up for Saturday’s event:
- 7:30 a.m. – Yoga or meditation on the prairie
- 8:15 a.m. – Registration
- 9-9:30 a.m. – “Welcome to Seno,” by Nan Calvert, director
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. – “Importance of Planting Local Ecotypes,” by Kelsay Shaw, Possibility Place Nursery
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. – Break
- 10:45 a.m. – Roundtable discussions with chapter leaders
- 11:45 a.m. – “Walk About” Seno and see chapter displays, etc.
- Noon – Sandwich buffet luncheon
- 1-2 p.m. – Wild Ones 2017 Annual Meeting. All Wild Ones members may attend the annual meeting without registering for the rest of the event.
- 2-2:15 p.m. – Break
- 2:15 p.m. – “Insects on the Prairie,” by Entomologist Rick Wadleigh
- 3:15 p.m. – “Citizen Science and Community Outreach,” by Susan Carpenter, University of Wisconsin-Madison Arboretum
- 4:15 p.m. – Interactive discussion with board and chapter leaders
- 5 p.m. – Music and social hour. Refreshments available
- 5:30 p.m. – Wisconsin style picnic dinner with vegetarian options
- 7-8 p.m. – Film or special activity to be announced
Register online by Aug. 9 using the links below. The registration fee of $75 includes lunch and dinner, and we must know if you plan to attend by that time.
If you want to mail a check, send it with your name and contact information to ANNUAL MEETING AND WORKSHOP SPONSORSHIP, WILD Center, 2285 Butte des Morts Beach Road, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956.
On Friday, August 19 the National Board will hold its August meeting at Seno, 3606 Dyer Lake Rd, Burlington, WI followed at 3:30 p.m. by a facilitated workshop for the board.
Chapter leaders, especially those interested in board service, are welcome to attend the board meeting, and there is no registration fee for Friday. Directors will meet for dinner at a restaurant (TBA) in Lake Geneva, and each person will pay for their own meal. To plan reservations, please send an email to email@example.com if you will be attending the board meeting and wish to join the board for dinner at 6 p.m.
Click here to learn about lodging and camping in the area, including room block prices. Make lodging arrangements by July 28 for a reduced rate at these hotels. This is a resort area and lodging is expensive.
To register, select one of the options below.
Saturday Conference with Lunch and Dinner $75
Saturday Conference with Lunch Only $50
Saturday Dinner Only (guest) $25
A big thank you to our conference sponsors: Ernst Seeds, Landmasters Landscape Design & Construction, Prairie Nursery and Wild Birds Unlimited Green Bay!