The Wild for Monarchs committee has developed a tool kit for Chapters and members to use for their Monarch activities in 2013. Of particular interest is information in the Wild for Monarchs Brochure Text shown here in pdf format. This brochure includes not only how-to instructions on how to get started, but also a list of plants specifically used by monarch butterflies. Another item in the kit is the Wild for Monarchs slide show which covers the gamut of things you want to know about helping the monarch migration.
Here is the text in pdf format of the Wild for Monarch presentation:
- Wild for Monarchs Presentation_Part1
- Wild for Monarchs Presentation_Part2
- Wild for Monarchs Presentation_Part3
- Wild for Monarchs Presentation_Part4
If you would like to receive copies of any of these materials, please email Donna at email@example.com
Here are some of the Wild for Monarchs documents for your use:
Feel free to share them with friends, family and community officials.
Here are some excellent articles on monarchs from the Wild Ones Journal:
- Monarch Matters (pdf)–The monarch migration is in danger.
- Wild for Monarchs (pdf)–Get wild for monarchs collect milkweed seeds.
- Milkweeds: Not Just for Monarchs (pdf)–Supporting populations of pollinators is important.
- Monarch Matters (pdf)–The history of monarch tagging and research.
- Common Milkweed (pdf)–An uncommonly good choice for monarchs and meadow gardens
- Can Milkweed Hurt Monarchs? (pdf)–What about tropical milkweed?
Wild Ones partners in this program also have some excellent materials available. Monarch Joint Venture (MJV) has developed these fact sheets. The Milkweed Fact Sheet is most helpful, showing your region of the US and what milkweed species is native to your locale.
Checkout MJV’s website for more information and materials.
Monarch Watch’s Bring Back the Monarchs website also has some excellent materials and information. Check out their website to read about their program and order these great posters.
Please watch these webpages for updated information and new and exciting events.
Join Wild Ones to help us spread the word and
support monarch migration and native plant habitats
Donate to help Wild Ones and be Wild for Monarchs!